At Ceiba we provide preparation, integration, and aftercare coaching services in support of therapeutic and spiritual experiences with iboga and ibogaine. We have over 16 years of combined experience working with people going through ibogaine experiences in a variety of settings, as well as extensive personal experiences with iboga and ibogaine treatment.
We do not provide ibogaine treatment, but our work is designed to provide a consistent, supportive, and knowledgeable therapeutic relationship for the duration of your existing treatment plan. We help our clients to clarify goals, navigate the profound transformations that ibogaine can bring about, and to create a clear plan for how to approach life afterwards.
We provide one-on-one coaching services for:
Ibogaine is unparalleled in its capacity to interrupt physical dependency to opioids and other drugs. Even as a short-term detox it is at least as effective as many conventional inpatient programs of 30-days or longer, although many people describe the relief of not struggling through constant cravings as unique to Ibogaine’s post-treatment effects. That said, ibogaine is not a ‘cure’ by any measure. Both our own experience and the published observational research suggests that establishing a support system and accessing other resources after treatment can strongly support your goals.
Our work is not based on a philosophy that all people with substance use issues are the same or that there is only one method to working through these issues. We see each person as having a unique set of experiences, goals, and ways of viewing the world. Our approach utilizes the principles of harm reduction, working with you where you are, understanding the goals that you define. We aren’t interested in language like ‘clean’ or ‘dirty’ and instead we see all experiences and decisions as having value and meaning. Once the detox phase is over, there is an opportunity to re-discover passions, develop various practices, and to build a supportive network that sees you as more than a diagnosis or your day count. This process is also about recovering a capacity to be intimate with the world through play, through grief, through joy, and through all kinds of creative expression.
Our approach to substance use issues takes into consideration both bio-psycho-social and transpersonal models. We help to educate about the nature of problematic substance use and attachment as a way of understanding our valuable and sensitive connection to the world. We see that ibogaine treatment, if its approached with a clear intention, with preparation, and a defined plan for afterward, brings a great deal more ease and possibility.
Regardless of why you are approaching iboga or Ibogaine, the experience is quite different from any other medicine or spiritual practice. Whether or not you are coming from a place of secure attachment to the modern world, to family, or to your cultural roots, the Ibogaine experience can propel you into new states of mind and new ways of living, which are especially noticeable in the days and weeks that follow treatment. This period of neuroplasticity is valuable in building new habits and a new relationship with your body, your mind, and your surrounding world. Depending on factors like dose and set and setting, we can continue to relate to these effects for years to come, through different challenging and empowering phases.
Outside of the content of our discussions, there is little difference in our coaching work whether people are or aren’t using substances, because drug use and diagnosis is not our focus. We believe that we are all in a process of learning and growing of one kind or another and that the healing process is not linear. The ibogaine experience reaches deeper than any other particular way we have found to soothe and work through our suffering, touching on our most sensitive attachments to the world whether we have used substances or not.
Our approach to psychospiritual transformations is informed by both somatic (body-oriented) and transpersonal approaches. We aim to help people to take a long-term frame of reference to understand their experiences, and to help integrate these new realizations about the complex and animated living world that we inhabit, our ancestral traditions, and our dreams.
- Schedule a complimentary orientation call.
- This is appropriate after you have made plans or you have been in touch with providers and have serious options to consider.
- We will talk about your background and your treatment plans, and discuss whether we feel we could support your experience.
- If you have specific questions or want to work session-by session; for example:
- If you are planning to go through traditional initiation in West Africa (coaching is still recommended, but we will accept less time);
- If you are a counselor or medical professional with clients undergoing treatment.
- Our recommendation. Includes once or twice weekly calls spread before and after treatment.
- The best results come from planning for the full journey, which is much longer than the time you spend at the clinic.
- Approach your treatment with a realistic and well directed intention, a plan for afterwards, and a well informed support network.
- We will work with you to prepare for the treatment mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Support for navigating the rapid change and insight that open up after treatment.
- Recommendations for continuing care.
- Additional sessions for you or loved ones who are supporting your treatment at the same rate.
- Negotiable rates for regular on-call support.
- Ideal for people who need daily support surrounding their treatment.
- Also ideal in some other circumstances, such as coaching through microdosing protocols that require further education and regular monitoring.
- All of our services are by application only, but we have a very limited capacity for intensive coaching.
All rates are listed in US$.